TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I highly doubt it's your booster
People Seeking Info

Subject I highly doubt it's your booster

Posted by Stanky on March 27, 2016 at 1:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 311 times.

In Reply To Anyone deleted their clutch booster? posted by MaxxAction on March 26, 2016 at 09:44 PM

Message I had a clutch nightmare issue before, and it was somewhat similar to yours. Pumping it would help sometimes, but for the most part it engaged right off the floor, and it felt like there was air in the system. Bled it for probably 2 hours straight with no luck. So I put a new Master Cylinder, one piece SZ line to eliminate that ridiculous 2nd bleed point, AND a slave cylinder, NO CHANGE. At this point I was convinced it had something to do with the shift fork assembly, and sure enough that is where my problem was.

This is what happened, which I'm guessing is due to the heavier pressure plates. Our fork assemblies don't seem like like them.

photo 20150805_125226_zpsxj5bs0fb.jpg

This is what it should look like

photo 20150805_130408_zpsn78rissx.jpg

Have a look at your fork assembly, if it looks slightly bent like this than you know you have a problem like I did

photo 20150804_150131_zpsgmdmo6d6.jpg

Thought I'd share this for you, just another thing to look at. FYI I got the upgraded 350z fork kit from SZ and my clutch pedal has never felt better! Just sucks having to drop the transmission

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.